hosted by TheBrokeandTheBookish
Once more recalling the top books of 2013.
1. The Girl Who Played With Fire would have to be my first choice for 2013. I love this series. I'm seriously hoping that actually get to the third in the series. I might have to reread the first two again.
2. Animal Wise is probably one of the best books on animals I have read so far. It will move you, it will make you laugh, and it will definitely enlighten you about how we might not be so far from some of the ways animals are.
3. The Dinner is next on my list. It should really be classified as mystery, somehow thought it has been placed under the literary fiction category. Heh??
4. Ten Fun Things To Do Before You Die is absolutely one of my oldest favorites. It's just a really fun book to read, it's really well accomplished. It has some really funny cartoons and some really wise advice. Love it!
5. Behind the Beautiful Forevers is one of those cultural sciences books that will open your mind to a world you might have otherwise not been aware of. It'll move you to your core about a humanity you didn't think was possible.
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts is one of those books that spoke to me last year. I feel that whether you're an introvert or an extrovert, you have something to learn from this book, whether it's about yourself of about someone else you know.
7. Anarchy Evolution fits every biologist's mind. Coming from a background in biology I absolutely loved reading this book, even from a more radical point of view sometimes. If you don't know much about evolution, it's also a good introduction. You'll see!
8. Thinking Fast and Slow, incredibly informative. It will set you tuned to a new wave of thinking. I reread parts of it now and then. As far as applying the method of thinking fast AND thinking slow, it is undeniably an asset.
9. With or Without You is a hilarious biographical account of overcoming the life that's been dealt to you.
10. The Art of Living is a must have book on your self. That's all I have to say about it.