Paulo Coelho is by far one of my favorite authors, after Charlotte Bronte. The challenge will function in two ways. One to discover Paulo Coelho's novels. The second, to learn about the place of the novels in Paulo Coelho's life and how they link his literary timeline. Here is how the challenge will work.
1. This is a personal challenge for me. I will be reading all of Paulo Coelho's novels for the 14 weeks of spring. I will be reading them in order of their publishing date (as listed above in the picture). Each week, I will feature my review of the corresponding book along with a little history of what the book meant in Paulo Coelho's literary timeline. This is so that we may all learn about his books and Paulo Coelho himself. If you decide to join the challenge - you may read as few as one novel up to as many as all novels - as you see convienent for you. I'd love it for you to participate even if you sign up through the challenge to know more about the novels and Paulo Coelho himself, as opposed to reading and reviewing. Whether you sign up to read/review, or just participate in learning more, post your comment below with a link to your sign up post, why you joined, and what you wish to gain from the challenge. I'll be featuring the following reviews on the following weeks, and if you choose to read the books with us, leave your links in the comment sections of the respective novel reviews during the specific weeks ;).
March 20th, 2013: Post your Challenge Entry Post
1.March 23rd, 2013: ReView of The Pilgrimage (1987)
2. March 30th, 2013: ReView of The Alchemist (1988)
3. April 6th, 2013: ReView of Brida (1990)
4. April 13th, 2013: ReView of The Valkyries (1992)
5. April 20th, 2013: ReView of By the River Piedra Sat Down and Wept (1994)
6. April 27th, 2013: ReView of The Fifth Mountain (1996)
7. May 4th, 2013: ReView of Warrior of Light (1997)
8. May 11th, 2013: ReView of Veronika Decides to Die (1998)
9. May 18th, 2013: ReView of The Devil and Miss Prym (2000)
10. May 25th, 2013: ReView of The Witch of Portobello (2002)
11. June 1st, 2013: ReView of Eleven Minutes (2003)
12. June 8th, 2013: ReView of The Zahir (2005)
13. June 15th, 2013: ReView of The Winner Stands Alone (2008)
14. June 19th, 2013: ReView of Aleph (2010)
June 20th, 2013: Finalizing your challenge post.
2. I'd also like to mention one more guideline. If you decide to join us, you may also post reviews of these novels from past years. Just share with us what you think or have thought about these novels.
3. Lastly, you may start this challenge even before March 20th, 2013, and join at any point in time. Read and Review any of the novels even before this said date, but just be sure to post and share with us the review on the respective dates of the respective review posts.
That's all there really is to this challenge. I hope some of you will decide to join me in reading even one novel, whatever that one novel may be. These are a great selection of novels. Paulo Coelho is a master of the soul, and of a literary world.
JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
- if you do not have a blog or do not want to review the books: tell us in the comment section if you're just joining us for the DISCUSSION
- if you are a blogger and plan to review the books or have already reviewed the books link up with an introductory post that lists the books (with links of perspective reviews) with the perspective dates. Also note, that on the specific date I will also have a master linky for you to link the specific reviews of the respective books.
Get Started! Purchase the Next Book!