Tuesday, February 19, 2013

{#5}: Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Classics Genre

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish 

I am so excited about this week's Top Ten Tuesday.  I love the classics and I am read to list off my favorite characters.  I wish I had more time to read classics these days.  For now though, let me tell you about the characters I've read about so far.  Here they are.


1. JANE EYRE from Jane Eyre
My favorite all time character from the classics HAS TO BE Jane Eyre.  She's my ultimate ultimate ultimate sister.  I feel for Jane Eyre every time I read her story. I connect to every word that is written in that novel.  Therefore, she has to be my first choice.

2. Frankenstein from Frankenstein
My next favorite character has to be Frankenstein.  There is something very special about this character, even though he's made out to be a villain.  I was able to empathize, and sympathize with so much that he went through.  I felt for this character more than I thought I would. 

3. Humbert Humbert from Lolita
 He's one of those characters that we all despise, no matter how much we'd like to rationalize how much empathy we're convinced to give him by reading the book.  He's despicable, yet somehow we can't quite hate him... and that's the beautify of this book.  I think it teaches us how to be better people, the best people we know we are by giving him empathy, even to a slimy dude like him... haha

4. Edna from The Awakening
I'm not quite sure why I chose to put Edna here in this #4 spot, but I'm going to go with my instinct anyway.  The Awakening is by far one of my favorite novels and Edna one of my favorite classic characters.

5. Catherine  from Wuthering Heights
Catherine is crazy, but also very lost.  I loved her character.  She made me feel all kind of emotions.  I was sad for her.  I was angry with her.  I felt pity for her.  She drove me crazy sometimes being so stubborn and pretentious.  At moments I wanted to smack my book against the table, she was so irritating.  But that's why I love her.

6. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
Atticus Finch probably shouldn't be in the #6 spot.  He's one of my all-time favorite characters.  He's the roots of the whole story. Everything comes back to him, and is reemphasized by him. Plus To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite novels.

7. Lenni from Of Mice and Men
Lennie was mentally challenged, I loved this character.  I was so sad for him the whole way through the novel.  Every time I think back on Lennie, I wish there was a way I could enter the novel and help him.  But the truth is no body could have probably helped Lennie... Then again I would have probably tried, somehow.
8. Gastby from The Great Gatsby
Have you read The Great Gastby? How can Gatsby not be one of your favorite classic characters.  The guy would have done anything for his love.  In fact, he did!  Ah... I loved this novel.

9. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
I loved Mr. Darcy.  It's the reach the whole novel exist!

10. Lastly, Tomas from The Unbearable Lightness of Being Read my review and you'll see why this is my last choice.





Bookserk by Author

Milan Kundera (4) Jane Austen (3) Stephenie Meyer (3) Suzanne Collins (3) Bernhard Schlink (2) F. Scott Fitzgerald (2) H.G. Wells (2) Herman Hesse (2) JRR Tolkien (2) Jules Verne (2) Khaled Hosseini (2) Paulo Coelho (2) Sam Kean (2) Stieg Larsson (2) Sylvia Day (2) A.G. Howard (1) Adam Johnson (1) Alafair Burke (1) Albert Einstein (1) Alexander Soderberg (1) Alicia Hendley (1) Amanda Hocking (1) Andre Dubus III (1) Ann Patchett (1) Aravind Adiga (1) Azar Nafisi (1) Barbara Kingsolver (1) Becky Aikman (1) Camilla Lackberg (1) Carl Sagan (1) Cat Hellisen (1) Charles Webb (1) Charlotte Bronte (1) Chinua Achebe (1) Chris Prentiss (1) Chrisanna Northrup (1) Christopher S. Stewart (1) Clare Clark (1) Clive Barker (1) Coltaire Rapaille (1) Dai Sijie (1) Daniel J. Levitin (1) Daniel Kahneman (1) Daniel Pink (1) David Foster Wallace (1) David Levithan (1) David Sedaris (1) Debra Driza (1) Domenica Ruta (1) Don Miguel Ruiz (1) Douglas Adams (1) Elie Weisel (1) Emily Bronte (1) Emlyn Chand (1) Enid Shomer (1) Epictetus (1) George Orwell (1) George R.R. Martin (1) Greg Graffin (1) Gretchen Rubin (1) Harper Lee (1) Haruki Murakami (1) Herman Koch (1) JR Moehringer (1) Jane Eyre (1) Jennifer Egan (1) Jodi Meadows (1) John Eldredge (1) John Englander (1) John Kenney (1) John Steinbeck (1) John T Cacioppo (1) Joyce Carol Oates (1) Judy Blume (1) Julia Glass (1) Karen Thompson Walker (1) Karol Jackowski (1) Kate Chopin (1) Kate Walbert (1) Katherine Boo (1) Lauren DeStefano (1) Lisa See (1) Lois Lowry (1) Lou Marinoff PhD (1) Madhulika Sikka (1) Maggie Stiefvater (1) Margot Livesey (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Martha Stout (1) Mary Roach (1) Mary Shelley (1) Meg Howrey (1) Megan Abbott (1) Natalie Babbitt (1) Nujood Ali (1) Oliver Harris (1) Paulo Giordano (1) Poet Charles Swain (1) Poet Margaret E. Sangster (1) Priscille Sibley (1) Ray Bradbury (1) Rebecca Dean (1) Richard Francis (1) Robert Louis Stevenson (1) Robert M. Pirsig (1) Rudyard Kipling (1) Sarah Gruen (1) Sharon Lebell (1) Shirley MacLaine (1) Stasi Eldredge (1) Stephen Chbosky (1) Sue Kidd Monk (1) Susan Cain (1) Susanna Calahan (1) Tara Conklin (1) Tea Obreht (1) Terri Giuliano Long (1) Thrity Umrigar (1) Victoria Hislop (1) Virginia Morell (1) Voltaire (1) Zora Neale Hurston (1)

Bookserk Globally

Bookserk by Publishing House

Harper Perennial Publishing (8) Random House Publishing (7) Crown Publishing (6) Little Brown and Company Publishing (6) Harper Publishing (4) Knopf Publishing (4) Scholastic Press Publishing (4) Vintage Publishing (4) W.W. Norton Company Publishing (4) Anchor Publishing (3) Atria Books Publishing (3) Free Press Publishing (3) HarperCollins Publishing (3) Penguin Books Publishing (3) Riverhead Books Publishing (3) Ballantine Books Publishing (2) Bantam Books Publishing (2) BarnesNoble Classics Publishing (2) Broadway Publishing (2) Harmony Publishing (2) Harper Paperback Publishing (2) Hyperion Publishing (2) Katherine Tegen Books Publishing (2) Simon and Schuster Publishing (2) William Morrow Publishing (2) Algonquin Books Publishing (1) Amber Allen Publishing (1) Amulet Books Publishing (1) Berkley Trade Publishing (1) Blue Crown Press Publishing (1) Createspace Publishing (1) Crown Business Publishing (1) Del Rey Publishing (1) Dover Publishing (1) Ember Publishing (1) Faber and Faber Publishing (1) Farrar Straus Giroux Publications (1) Feiwel Friends Publishing (1) Five Rivers Chapmanry Publishing (1) Gallery Books Publishing (1) Grand Central Publishing (1) HarperOne (1) Hill and Wang Publishing (1) Hogarth Publishing (1) It Books Publication (1) MJF Books Publishing (1) MTV books and Pocket Books Publishing (1) McGraw Hill Higher Education Publishing (1) Nelson Publishing (1) Pamela Dorman Books Publishing (1) Pantheon Publishing (1) Plaza Y Janes Publishing (1) Plume Publishing (1) Pocket Publishing (1) Puffin Publishing (1) Quill Publishing (1) Reagan Arthur Books Publishing (1) Science Bookshelf Publishing (1) Signet Classics Publishing (1) St. Martin's Press Publishing (1) Touchstone Publishing (1) Virago Publishing (1) Washington Square Press Publishing (1)